Do you have a neighbourhood concern?
Concerns across Ward 7 vary between neighbourhoods. As I visit residents, I want to walk away with an understanding of the specific challenges they face close to home. Click the button below to tell me your neighbourhood specific concerns so I can bring them to the attention of council over the coming months.
Common Ward Concerns
Below is an ongoing list of common concerns I’ve been documenting while knocking on Ward 7 doors.
- The capacity issue in Ward 7 schools leaving parents to bus their children out of the neighbourhood
- The inability for the municipality to keep up with basic landscaping on city property around sunningdale rd
- People using larger subdivision roads as ‘thruways’ leading to speeding and dangerous traffic for residents, specifically children
- Growing rental and speculative real estate within subdivisions
- Increasing rate and spread of crimes within the entire city (violent crime up 50% since 2017)
- Developers and the Municipality passing responsibility of maintenance and general cleanliness around new home building sites onto each other
- The rotating garbage pickup schedule
- LTC buses using residential areas as unnecessary thruways (Quarrier rd example)
- Unleashed dogs at public parks
- Poor/absent lighting in parks and on streets
- Flooding and freezing in high traffic areas during the winter due to improper drainage from public areas
- Lack of responsiveness from the municipality